Saturday, June 21, 2014

There's No Place Like HOME!

I've been thinking a lot about HEAVEN lately...
The TRUTH is...it's not only my future hope, but it is also my present reality!

It's where I live...today!
It's where my citizenship is...today!
It's where I am seated...today!
It's where my heart is set...today!
By FAITH, it's where I make my HOME...today!

So, if HEAVEN is my present reality, imagine this conversation...

JESUS: Come on in, Karen...MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME!

Me: Thanks, Jesus...do you have anything to drink? I'm really thirsty...

JESUS: I am the living water. If you drink of ME, you will never be thirsty.  This water I give you will become a spring of water, welling up to abundant, eternal life!

Me:  Oh, Jesus...give me THIS water, so I don't have to keep drawing from "other wells"!

JESUS: You look a little weak...Are you hungry?

Me:  Yes! I can't seem to get enough to eat these days...nothing seems to satisfy me...I'm always SO hungry!

JESUS:  I am the Bread of Life...He who comes to me will NEVER go hungry and he who believes in me will NEVER be thirsty.
Also, something I learned a long time ago is that you cannot live on bread alone, but on EVERY WORD that comes from the mouth of God!

Me:  Oh, Jesus...from now on, give me THIS bread, so I will never be hungry!

JESUS:  You seem so preoccupied...what's going on?

Me:  Well, I've been a little sad lately...you know, a little anxious.  There are things going on around me that I have NO control over and it's HARD!

JESUS:  I understand...just stay close to me, dear one. In my presence, there is fullness of joy...Don't be anxious about anything! Together, we can approach the throne of grace with CONFIDENCE and ask our Father for anything. He WILL give you peace beyond understanding AS He is working ALL things out for your GOOD.
Be anxious about nothing, pray about everything, and peace will come, I PROMISE!

Me:  Oh, Jesus...you make it sound SO SIMPLE! What's the SECRET?

JESUS:  The secret to being CONTENT in any and every situation is to keep your HEART and your MIND focused on ME.  You can do ALL things through ME...I WILL give you the strength! ABIDE in ME and I WILL abide in you, I PROMISE!
The truth is...Apart from me, you can do NOTHING at ALL!

Me:  Oh, Jesus...I need MORE of YOU!  I'm SO tired and burdened...where can I find REST?

JESUS:  Come to ME, you who are weary and burdened, and I WILL give you REST!  Take my yoke upon you and LEARN from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you WILL find rest for you soul, I PROMISE!

Me: Oh, Jesus...Everlasting WATER, everlasting FOOD, everlasting JOY, everlasting REST, everlasting PEACE, everlasting POWER...
Can I LIVE here NOW and FOREVER??

JESUS:  ABSOLUTELY! You have been raised WITH me and are NOW seated with me at the right hand of our Father, far ABOVE ALL rule, power, and authorityALL things are under my feet!
IN ME, THIS is your PRESENT REALITY and your FUTURE HOPE!!

Me:  Oh, Jesus...I want to be WHERE YOU ARE...BETTER is ONE day in YOUR HOUSE than thousands elsewhere!

The TRUTH is...Our Father did not leave us here as orphans!  He has given us a HOME, both NOW and for ETERNITY.
He is SO G.O.O.D.!  He is God Over Our Dwelling...when we make HIM our dwelling place, it's ALL GOOD!!

 THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!

1 comment: